Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i can melt...!

I quote a uni friend who said 'i will melt when someone sings this to me'.. JinLin its so true! I will melt too! haha. David Cook's rendition of Mariah Carey's 'Always Be My Baby' has definitely entered my top emo songs list.



Which brings me to something.. hmm. one thing i am sure i learnt here in imu - not cranial nerves, CNS, PNS, Special Senses & atrioventricular-what-nots *evil grin* - but of course the term EMO. never gave it much thought until it became a daily issue here. u will always here about someone emo-ing. therefore, this whole post is dedicated to uncovering the truth behind the term 'being oh-so-EMO'.

haha. okay, so i googled 'definition-emo'. what did i get??

  1. 1. (n.) Abbreviated from "emotive hardcore", relating to a genre of music coined due to a band's usage of emotional and personal lyrics.

  2. 2. (adj.) An individual who is a follower of emo music.

    Example: You're so emo.


The Difference between Emo And Goth:
Emos Hate themselves
Goths hate Everyone
Emos Want to Kill themselves
Goths Want to kill Everyone

Okay, basically I paused for a second because the emo people that I know DO NOT WANT TO KILL THEMSELVES. at least as far as I know la. hmm. i dont even think they hate themselves. shows how much u can trust the web now huh...

anyway, instead of going back to my much loved Marieb, I decided to check a few other websites. lookee wat i found..

emo (comparative more emo, superlative most emo)

  1. Emotional; sensitive.
  2. Associated with youth subcultures embodying emotional sensitivity
So yes, to be emo is to be sensitive. to know that yes, there is a part in you that's still tender and not hardened because life can just be mean at times. To know that you still get goosebumps listening to that one song that reminds you of that someone :P

So go ahead, be emo. we have a heart for a reason. :) oh oh, me wants to type more! but laptop battery ddyyinggg.. oh well, i can melt.. i can melt! LOL


2 comments:

Sarah said...

straight from the emo expert herself.

E.T. said...

ohhh eewwwww!!!! sha!! his voice dont fit the song at all!!! listen to it carefully.. he even went off once! mariah carey's version is still better...