Monday, April 21, 2008

My story-Pt I

As most of u know.. me coming to IMU was definitely NOT preplanned. It was such a rush I felt that in NO way was it God's plan. and as usual, he proved me WRONG! i applied for IMU (International Medical University) very, very, very last minute. also, i applied for the August intake. I hadnt gotten an answer from God and I had already decided to take half a year of to truly seek God and find out what his plan was for my life. thus, all my uni applications were for July-August intakes. I was ecstatic to get accepted into Melb Uni in July! Sharon and Sarah would know.. the plan was always to go to Melbourne together =( we would never have known God had different plans in mind.. Hmmm..

anyway, me applied for Doulos and ady planned to go.. yet AGAIN, God had different plans. Firstly, the timing was never rite for me to meet the uncle in KK who was supposed to arrange everything for me.. Secondly.. well.. banyak la. will leave the details for a different post hehe. soo, the plan was to get a job in Sandakan! and help in church :) i already filled in the form to work in the Properties Department for IJM! gosh. i had to write an essay bout my strengths and weaknesses la.. aiyo. THEN, the phone call came for me to go for the IMU interview.. it was right after CNY i remember.. i stayed back with Sharon the kuku girl and she, as the faithful hamba, followed me to imu for my interview!! haha. i remember her praying for me - 'Lord, that YOUR WILL BE DONE. We surrender shasha's future in your hands' FUIYO. trust me. be careful what u pray for 'coz God will definitely answer. needless to say, his will is not always our own will. . after the interview we went to 1utama.. i remember us getting an extremely WEIRD chinese taxi driver who cheated on the meter!

anyway.. to continue this story.. a few days later when i was in puchong, i got a phone call from imu. they tell me their letting me join the Feb intake. and of course, being the smart person i am *cough cough*, i immediately say 'NO THANK YOU' I mean, obviously, i had no plan on starting uni so early. basically i felt i deserved this break. i NEEDED this break. i called my dad and he says TAKE IT! i felt like dying. why? coz i didnt think i would fit in medical school. come one la. me? medical school? har har har.

well, what made me change my mind? it was definitely the wise words of a WISE person :P she said 'Shasha, if u go to med school knowing u cant do it but u eventually DO make it, doesnt it glorify God even more? theres a reason that he's opened all these doors. It'll be a testimony to how amazing our God is because he sustained you in uni.' and of course, i was there - speechless. it took a few days for everything to sink in. (especially the fact that i lost my much anticipated breakkk *sigh* )

But i remember when Uncle Thomas talked to me in church the sunday before i left.. I felt such peace as we talked about changes in life and when he asked whether i was really going..i knew immediately what the answer was. for the first time i felt AMAZING peace. I was terrified of going to uni.. but somehow God really really REALLY sustained me! well, thats the beginning part of my story. part 2 coming soon.. :)

0 comments: