Sunday, April 26, 2009

'Cause all of the stars..

Who am I that You are mindful of me
That You hear me when I call
Is it true that You are thinking of me
How You love me it's amazing


I got lost today after church when I had to send a friend back to UM. What should have been a 15 minute drive became an unplanned two hour plus road trip (whheeeee)... Its not something I'm complaining about because I actually enjoyed going around kl! (either that or the Holy Spirit was really really giving me unmeasurable peace.) - we started off in PJ where a wrong daring turn brought us to Mont Kiara, Damansara Utama, One Utama, Mid Valley, KLCC and eventually we ended up on the road to Seremban where a quick turn to the left found us on the road to Kompleks Sukan Negara. I was very tempted to just go back to Vista! then of course, we took Kesas back to Subang..blablabla and then finally, the emo 30 minute drive back to Klang... haha

The feeling of being lost, that hopeless, frustrating feeling, is not a very nice feeling, mind you. The most frustrating thought would be the fact we were so close to our destination and only one stoopid wrong turn caused a major, major detour. (detours - sounds like my walk with him at times..)

I know this is pretty random.. but I was reminded of Naomi when she was 'lost'. Her life was in a mess and what's worst was that there was no major destination she wanted to reach. At least in my case, I had a goal, a destination. I had to reach Klang before the grandma called for a search team for her granddaughter! It wasn't so for her now, was it? She had a plan (like how I had a plan to go to UM and come back in time for dinner...)  She and her husband had gone to Moab during a famine and their sons had married Moabite women.. Life was good - until her husband and sons died and she was stuck as a widow in a foreign land... then what good were the plans now?

'Though honest about her pain, Naomi obviously had a sense of who was in control: “The Lord has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me” (Ruth 1:21).

The Hebrew word for “Almighty” (Shaddai) indicates
God’s sufficiency for any situation. The word “Lord” (Yahweh) refers to His faithfulness as the loving covenant-keeping God. I love how Naomi put these two names together. In the midst of her complaint, she never lost sight of the fact that her God was a capable and faithful God. And, sure enough, He proved His capability to deliver her and His faithfulness to care for her to the very end.

If there seems to be no way out of your despair, remember that Naomi’s God is your God as well. And He specializes in managing our messes to good and glorious outcomes. Thankfully, He is both capable and faithful. So, when your life is a mess, remember who your God is! 

—Joe Stowell, RBC Ministries

In a lighter note, I have no plans to inflict anymore pain to the poor car that's already been around KL in less than one night... Its perfect timing really, for the much needed weekend break back home with no more kl driving.. 3 days and counting! 

mandi time.. studying time

selamat malam!

0 comments: