Thursday, April 30, 2009

Caught up in sorrow, lost in a song.

what's happening to the generation today?
why can't you see the bigger picture?
it's not about you.
life is not about you.
stop wasting time. please stop breaking the hearts of them who raised you.
materialism won't get you anywhere.
fame and cussing wont get you anywhere as well trust me.
what's with the lying? the cheating? the unnecessary relationships you know won't last?
what's with the slandering? the disobedience?

SERIOUSLY.

please, just stop it.

Perhaps we need the reminder from Robert Francis Kennedy.. “It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

can't you see you don't HAVE to follow the crowd? you can be your own person. being different is possible. there can be hope. there can be change. only if you let it. 

please.

I am appalled at the state of many lives I've come across. I know I'm not the better person, but it hurts to see so many young lives wasting their lives away when so much can be done. Lives are being lived uneventfully. 

They complain, they curse, they gossip and the excuse is - we're young therefore we're supposed to. I am saddened with the fact such mindsets still exist. 

Life is so precious yet they fail to realize this. They fail to realize what they do matter. I refuse to accept the excuse I've been given by a dozen parents and friends - 'their young and they'll grow out of it'. 

If one is not taught at an early age, how are they expected to learn it? If they can't do it now, do you expect them to suddenly figure things out once their in college? in university? Do you seriously expect them to suddenly get an epiphany one day going 'yes, i have to stop doing this rubbish'. It is, to put it mildly, very frustrating.

Your excuse that 'they are still teenagers and will grow out of it' is unfounded. saying that 'teaching them now will suffocate them and will cause them to rebel..' (seriously?) is, I'm sorry to say - stupid. as much as I respect you, I have to disagree.  

They need to be told off. and if you're not going to. I will.

Mind you, I know I'm just a few years older then these kids I'm referring too, but I feel OLD. The things they do, the things they say, really scare me. So now I know.. that's what happens when there's no discipline from the parents. Too bad.

0 comments: