Saturday, January 31, 2009

My strength when I am weak

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and for deeds left undone. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe, Little Foxes, 1865

I have a problem. You see, I got upset. I got a little mean. And yet, these people, they still came over. Of all times to come, they chose the time i was going to bed. UGH. But, they still came. :) haha. the 3 crazies. Life is definitely more colourful because of them. 

Nael, Kev & Bey, I know you guys will never read this.. but just for the record, thanks. for everything.

Kev & Abbey left leaving something behind.. You see, they got me thinking.

Who has despised the day of small things? —Zechariah 4:10
 'Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.' (NLT version)

It made me wonder. We're so caught up with bigger things in life. our career, our jobs, our relationships. What about the small things? What about the tiny things? what do we do about the littlest things that somehow matter? Like honesty and friendships? 

You can be caught up in your own world or you can choose to admit your failures and be transparent. 

We live in a culture where being wrong is forbidden. Bigger is better. the bigger the dream the better, no? We want people to see us strong and collected. No room for mistakes. Size is the measure of success in their eyes. 

But size is nothing; substance is everything (David Roper). I learnt today to not care about me. To be transparent. To be honest. To be, well, gullible. Fragile. Letting your true friends see you for who you really are. 

Broken.

And needing her Savior. Now more than ever.

0 comments: