Tuesday, April 10, 2012

101

I was reading 1000awesomethings.com when I had this inspiring conversation with The Surgical Clown about aging. Aging and the importance to seize everyday as if it was our last. That anything could happen in a split second and change our lives forever. We know that life is fragile yet it takes a massive car accident, a family death or a global disaster to shake us up from our mundane, routine lives. It's like we need that electric jolt or a bit of ECT (electrocompulsive therapy) to zap us into awareness of everything beautiful.

As scripture puts it, we are but a vapour that appears for awhile and then vanishes (James 4:14). We are, as Shakespeare put it, a brief candle. Easily blown out by the wind. Short and in the end, only as meaningful as we make it.

This reality has hit me hard this few months; challenging me to reassess relationships, to reprioritize commitments. To make the effort in reminding someone how much she or he means to me. To live with purpose.

It also happens that today is the 101st day of the year. I should already have a hundred and one things to be grateful about.. And and and, it is never too late to start counting your blessings so I have decided to spend the next 265 days listing things I am grateful for:)

To whoever is reading this, even if it's just you, the only other person who will ever read this, I pray you be inspired and encouraged to see life through new rosy lens:)

0 comments: